Monday, April 24, 2006

The Books Just Keep Stacking Up

I have been on ACW book buying binge over the past few weeks. I think I might have an addiction. Recent purchases include Eric’s new book on Battle of Monroe’s Crossroad, 2 books on regiments from Gracie’s Alabama brigade, the Indiana MOLLUs papers, Gallagher’s new volume on the 1864 Valley campaign, a small booklet on Civil War soldiers from Caribou, Maine and View from the Ground. Since books are my only real vice my wife is pretty supportive but I hope all of these volumes don’t show up at once. My real issue is that the built-in bookcases I built about 5 year ago are now filled to the brim.

The mailman has just shown up and Eric’s book is in my hands. I am looking forward to reading it. I have enjoyed the other books published by Savas on the Campaign in the Carolinas.

Eric, for what it is worth the index looks really good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Eric Wittenberg said...

Andy,

That's great! Enjoy, and I will look forward to hearing your thoughts on the book once you've had a chance to read it.

Best regards,

Eric

4:52 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Andy, - Just wanted to let you know that Civil War Memory has moved to the following URL: http://civilwarmemory.typepad.com/civil_war_memory/

6:58 PM  
Blogger FortyRounder said...

Andy, regarding your earlier post on Fields of Conflict, I'd like to say thank you. It seems to be an excellant resource for eyewitness writings. I found a complete book online by a soldier in the 19th Army Corps. Much better than shelling out $30 (including shipping) for a reprint!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Eric, I am looking forward to it.

Kevin, I updated my link to you site.

Forty Rounder, there seems to be alot of good stuff on this site. Hopefully they keep adding to it.

Andy

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Civil War Top 100